Thursday, May 11, 2017

无知的危险性 Danger of Ignorance

The Deep Blue, the color of Lapis Lazuli, signifying the Light of Bhaisajyaguru.

How much do you know about your Current Personal Health Status?

I was walking home from the wet market and passing the food centre.
I sighted a crowd around a certain table.
As I neared this table, I saw a man that is pale and breathless.

I offered to help.
Upon touching his right wrist to check his pulse, I discovered that his right arm is cold and sweaty and his pulse weak and hard to detect.
His fellow table companions called 995 for help, and I was asked to speak to the operator as these table companions don't speak English.

I gave them a location and a brief summary of the patient's life signs.
Patient is 63 years old.
I then proceeded to check his pulse on his left hand and found that this hand is less cold and the pulse is stronger than that on the right side.

I asked for history of past and current illnesses but he replied that he don't have any illnesses and he also had his blood check and no problem was detected.
He said he has cervical injury years ago and treated with Neck-brace.
Currently his right arm is weak and his right shoulder has pain.
When asked about food intake, he said he came to meet his friend and just about to take his first meal of the day.

Hahaha!

The condition of his skin points to Diabetes and the sweating and cold to touch points to Hypoglycemia.
But he said he is fine and not Diabetic.
His breathlessness, coupled with pale yellowish skin & eye color, points to poor Liver-qi.
He is conscious and able to answer questions well.

After giving some history to the ambulance officer, and seeing them leave with the patient, I walked home.

Yes!
I asked specific questions about Diabetes & Liver problems.
At age 63, his general condition don't look like he has been taking good care of his own health.

Dear all,
do find out whats whats with your own Health.

What if this man fall when he feels weak and faint?

With Metta

Om Guru Lian Sheng Siddhi Hom
Lama Lotuschef


No comments:

Post a Comment